Kamui K's WIP

Monday, April 24, 2006

Onegai 01: Basecoating skintone


Here you can see the basecoat's color showing through as a smooth uniform color. Unfortunately for me, I thinned down the paint too much and had to apply more layers than usual.
^^'
I kept a lighter tone in mind since spraying the protective coats often darken the colors I've used when all's said and done.
I'll do better next time with the hair and shirt basecoats. Hopefully, that's just save me more time and effort.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Onegai 01: Basecoating skintones -1st layer


I decided to attach her chest to the back part of her shirt so that I wouldn't have to paint over the holes with skintones a 2nd time. The only drawback to this is that it'll get tight around the edges with the brush to her shirt collar. But I'm using a brush anyways compared to an airbrush, so it's do-able.

As you can see here, I've drilled 2 holes to help secure the weight of her hair onto the back piece. I inserted pins with glue, puttied the hole, sanded it over till it's not noticable, primed, and lastly started painting over it.
Woo-hoo! Painting's finally begun!

This is a shot of the 1st layer of basecoating with skintones, so there's noticable flaws and the color is very faint. (you can compare the difference between the face and the front shirt part that's still white primed). It's all part of handpainting, and I'll have to repeat this procedure 5+ times to get an even color to form. This goes for all the colors I basecoat with. Now to let this layer dry before working anymore.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Pinky:st WIP


I had putty left over and decided to start the basis of new bunny ears and a different hat style for my FOmar.

Onegai 01: White priming


After using the grey primer to check for imperfections on the surfaces, I reprimed it over with white. I prefer to paint over white cause it helps me bring out the brightness of my colors overall, unless it's a dark moody piece. But for her, she'll be mostly white and pinks anyway.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Onegai 01: More putty work





Just more pics of various putty works. Here you can see that her chest doesn't fit snug into her shirt, so there's work all around her chest. I'm finally done with her hands so I attached them into their shirt sleeves to save me assembly time later on. I'd hate to putty & sand away any paint where the 2 meet later on. And if you can see, there's an imperfection on her right collar that just doesn't meet up correctly because of the misfittings. So here's just a pic of me showing how you can extend the shirt a bit to cover it all.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Onegai 01: Test priming + test fitting


Most of her parts have gone through it's 1st test priming stage to recheck any overlooked imperfections. So it's time to recheck the test fitting stage and properly pin all the parts (all previous test fitting attempts were just rough tests to get a general idea where everything goes). Her hair & head are now heavy and I'll have to propperly insert pins to help support all that weight onto her shirt parts. And to my surprise, non of her body parts fit well together at all. Even my previous attempts at it doesn't seem to cut it anymore after working further on the various parts. So she's pretty messy underneith. I'll have to take a pic of that to give an idea on the putty work and how she's assembled .

Her hands also gave me trouble since there's lost of flash to remove and lots of missing chunks of her fingers were they should be. The pic doesn't show the imperfections well at this angle. But those of you who know what Thai castings of fingers are like; this is just typical work of their calibur.

She's getting closer and closer to the painting stage.
:)

Pinky:st -Hasaha : Tail + Ears


I've been busy try'n to get Hasaha's tail and ears finished. And after many layers of putty, sanding, and priming, I think they're nearly done.
YAY! I got an instant fox girl.
:D
Now to move onto her outfit. BTW, her tail and ears are of course interchangable like any other pinky parts.
:)

Pinky: FOmar sleeves


Here I'm trying to alter the bottom front portion of his hat. I didn't like how it turned out the 1st time around. And I've been working on his sleeves for a while. It seems there's tons of interpretations on how the FOmar's sleeves can look in the end. So I guess I'll just borrow ideas I like the most. I'm done with the upper arm portion where it flairs out a bit on both sides. Now to work on the bottom area. I've just added putty here and waiting it to cure before file'n it all down again.